Image Map

Sunday, November 2, 2014

I've Been Gone Much Too Long.

It's odd to think of how much spare time I had when I originally started this blog. One or two posts a week? That's no big deal! Or, so I thought. Now, I struggle to get a full nights rest and I miss appointments because I forget or I am busy. Good news is, this week is Writer's Week.

For those of you who do not know what Writer's Week is, it's a week at UNCW in the fall where the Creative Writing department puts on a host of panels and readings and Q&A's. That sort of thing. Well, this semester I am in two Creative Writing classes, so that means those classes are cancelled ALL WEEK. Instead, I have to attend two events for each class and write up a page about them. The good part is that I can choose whichever events I want to attend, which means my schedule is more lenient this week.

Also, my senior seminar/rhetorical theory professor is out of town on Wednesday, so class is cancelled then. Which means, in theory, all of my classes are cancelled on Wednesday.

On a sad note, I did get word that I was NOT selected for the Business Writer job on campus and one of my pieces was also NOT selected for Atlantis. Oh well. Better luck next time.

Tomorrow I have a meeting for Sigma and I'm running for PR Officer. I still need to prepare a speech in which I attempt to persuade people to vote for me. I hate speaking, so I'm hoping it's a small group that attends the meeting tomorrow. Unfortunately that also would mean that there are less people to vote. If I don't get PR Officer, I will probably take the position of Secretary though, so it's something. But seeing as I'm studying PR, that's the position I'm hoping to get. (Plus, I'm missing out on the CSS Panel that I designed the program for to be there, so it'll be quite sad if I don't get it.)

I think I mentioned that I submitted my application for the Wentworth Fellowship. Our applications were due October 20th and we are supposed to receive word of whether we have won or not by Thanksgiving Break. Our break is November 26th, so that's 24 days max before I know.

Anyway, my goal is to let my food I just ate digest a little bit and then work out in some fashion, so I'm going to get to that. I hope everyone has been doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment