Image Map

Monday, November 3, 2014

Learning to Deal with Rejection.

So, as I posted yesterday, today was the day that I ran for Sigma's PR Officer position. Unfortunately, I did not get it. That is in part my mistake--I went first, so I was nervous, as I didn't know what my opponent's speech was going to be. I skipped portions that I wanted to include. I grazed over my experiences as opposed to describing each one with depth. I could've definitely sold myself more, but public speaking has never been my strong point. However, he was also a worthy candidate, obviously, since he won, so I can't beat myself up too much. One girl even said, "Can we vote for both and have them both do the position?" so it was obviously a close race in many people's minds. Better luck next time.

With that said, I was offered the position of secretary, so there is that. And I'm excited for it. Honestly, I was content with either position, but PR aligns with my career goals, hence why I wanted that one. But either way, being an officer for Sigma will definitely help in the future, because who am I to say no to experience?

It is difficult, though. This past week I feel like I've just been given rejection after rejection. My piece wasn't selected for Atlantis. I didn't get the business writer position. Now, I didn't get the officer position that I originally wanted. Hopefully all of this leads to good karma soon.

Oh well. I'm a writer, I better get used to rejection.

No comments:

Post a Comment