Image Map

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sundays are Lazy Days.

Where have I been these past few days? Watching Supernatural...currently in the middle of season eight. I do just really love Misha Collins.

I've also been COOKING. It's taken me a while to get back into cooking because being poor, Michael and I have just been eating whatever cheap frozen dinners we can get our hands on. That, of course, leads to super poor nutrition and overeating because those meals aren't very filling. But lately we've been cooking meals in the crockpot before we go to sleep and then we wake up with lunch waiting for us! Then we eat leftovers for dinner.

So far we've made turkey pumpkin chili, german sausage and lentils, tikka masala, and spaghetti & meatballs. The pumpkin chili was my favorite and definitely something that I'll make again--it's already gone! We've almost finished the german sausage and the spaghetti as well. The tikka masala was a little too spicy for me, so it's up to Michael to finish the rest of that.

We have cowboy casserole in the crockpot right now! It'll finish around 9:30 and then we get to gobble it up and then we'll be making stuffed bell peppers.

This has been working for us because the fact that we have 2-4 choices in the fridge for leftovers at any given time has stopped us from eating out. It's also generally more healthy than most of the freezer meals we buy! So it's a win-win.

One of my professors is out of town this week, so on Mondays and Wednesdays (when I usually have two classes with him back to back), I'll only have one class total! So I go to school at 12:30 and then I'm done by 1:45. It'll be a nice break for once.

I also have a fairly busy week this week! I plan on applying for the Wentworth Fellowship, so I need to start working on that. It's a scholarship-type reward which is only offered to English majors at UNCW. They pick an author, a book, or a genre and come up with a travel proposal. This very kind man donates money every year for these English majors to go and travel. It might not cover all of the expenses, but I believe the rewards are between $750-$1500, which is a pretty good chunk of funding! I've ALWAYS wanted to apply but could never really figure out something that hasn't been done or is unique enough, but after looking through past winners, I think I have figured it out! I will say that my proposal is for New York, where I have never been, but I feel like it is somewhere that I need to go.

I am also volunteering on behalf of the English department/Sigma Tau Delta (the honors English society) for Seahawk Saturday on campus! I'll get to talk to little high schoolers about UNCW and why they should come. I'm excited.

Of course, I also have two reading responses, a final paper, an exam, a final survey for my PR group, and many many many pages of reading due between now and Thursday. So that's fun.

Honestly, though, this has been a very long-winded post so I'm gonna end this for now.

If you guys could travel anywhere to study a book and author, where would you go? Who would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment